Changing The Role of Sales From Prospecting To Selling Reaped Rich Dividends For This Global IT Player.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The client is a globally renowned Information Technology consulting and implementation company that delivers business solutions through global software development to different verticals.
The client was seeking to drive sales in the North American market for Travel and Transportation vertical in segments such as air transport, car rentals, hospitality, travel distribution, leisure and logistics in delivering superior IT solutions. The client was looking for a way to help its sales reps be more efficient and effective in the sales process. The company wanted their team to reduce the amount of time they spent prospecting and do what they do best – SELL. They also recognized that once the sales rep met the prospect, sales followed, but setting those conference calls and face-to-face appointments was challenging.
We launched a multi-touch, door-opener campaign. The program included:
- Deep penetration of the sales team’s wish list, thereby focusing on the list of targeted accounts and working with client to build detailed account plans
- Engaging key decision makers and influencers by gathering social intelligence
- Setting up appointments for in-person meetings
- Enhance and validate the target database for future efforts
- Track results and demonstrate a positive ROI
- The pilot program was an enormous success, exceeding the goal for appointments set. In addition, the program nearly doubled the percentage of prospects that signed on as the client’s customers following the meeting with their sales rep in Business Intelligence / Analytics, Testing and Mobility space
- The client received a steady flow of meetings with CXO and VP level decision makers keeping their sales pipeline filled
- The client received a steady flow of meetings with over 70 appointments with C / V / D level decision makers at an average of 5 meetings per month
- The success of the campaigns led to a continued relationship with the client that extended to other offerings and industry verticals as well. Due to its initial success, the program has now rolled out across the U.S. and Europe